A little place to share the mayhem which is my life. Welcome to the madhouse, please enjoy your stay :D

Sunday, January 1, 2012

365 Project…

Happy New Year all. I hope you are all recovering well from last night’s celebrations.
I have been meaning to start a 365 project for years now but never seem to actually get around to doing it and well with this new year and all the changes going on in my life atm. I thought I am actually going to do it this year. Part of my looking on the positive side of things for a change.
So I will be planning on taking a photo each day for the coming year and posting it on my blog along with whatever else is on my mind. These pictures are not going to be on any topic specifically, just whatever seems to capture my attention that day and I want to share. I hope that blogging this journey of mine will make me more accountable to actually completing this little project of mine. I have done a project on a smaller scale a couple of years ago, during one month but found that by the end of the month I was just not able to stick it out. I am hoping to keep with this one throughout the year. It is a pretty big challenge but I am up for it. Wish me luck *lol*
So after the ball hit in Times Square last night and the new year was rung in, I was wide awake and feeling crafty while I sat watching Mean Girls with “the teen”. My brother gave it to me for Christmas and he knows I could use the laugh right now. “The Teen” had not seen it yet and I put it on originally to watch alone while he played on the computer but he ended up coming over and joining me while I crafted on the couch.
I had seen a craft tutorial while perusing Pinterest earlier this week and thought I would give it a try. I had a bunch of red felt in the basement that I had set aside for crafting, although at the time I had no idea what I would use it for. Now it seemed to have a purpose. The tutorial seemed simple enough and something I could do while watching a movie so I got everything together and made myself comfy and pressed play.
It was great making something with my hands again. I miss crafting so much and I am getting back into it. It is amazing the accomplishment you get when you finish something. It is a little rough looking but I like it. I took permanent black marker and darkened up the edges to make it more grudge looking. I love it and can’t wait to wear it in my hair. I made it in a way that I can remove the clip  and slip in on a headband if I choose. Making it more versatile. I want to make dozens more in different colors and materials.
Without further ado, here is my first photo of 2012. It kind of reminds me of a Poppy so I could wear it in November as a pin for Rememberance Day.
1a1a
I finally found a use for my millions of buttons and felt in my craft stash.
Well I am off to craft some more and be domestic.
Hugs and Smoochies from the Madhouse.


No comments:

Post a Comment