However, I am not made of money so buying them often was not an answer so I had to come up with a way to get something similar at home. So while craving a Peppermint Hot Chocolate and staring at the candies “the husband” had bought to go with the gingerbread kit he had purchased for “the boy” and a light bulb went off.
Why not take the peppermint candies and vent some of my frustration by smashing them with a meat tenderizer to make a peppermint powder. So that is what I did.
I love to have Peppermint Hot Chocolate on days where it is cold and I need something to warm me up or when my throat is bothering me. So days like today where it is cold and my throat is sore thanks to coughing most of the day. Gotta love those colds.
So tonight I had my first Peppermint Hot Chocolate of the season and thought I would share how I make my cup of yum.
What you will need:
- Packet of hot chocolate (with or without marshmallows I prefer without)
- 2 peppermint candies
- Meat tenderizer tool
- hot water
- paper towels
1. Boil some water. However you do it, stove, pot, electric kettle breathing fire and so on
2. Unwrap the peppermint candies and place in some paper towel which has been folded over several times. The paper towel will tear from the jagged edges of the candies as they get smashed so make sure there are several layers.
3. Take out any frustrations you may have on beating the candies. I start with the jagged edge first to break the candies into chunks and then switch to the flat edge to break the chunks into finer pieces. Should look something like this when you are done.
4. Now take the broken candies and pour into your cup with the hot chocolate mix.
5. Pour in the boiling water, as per packet directions and Voila, a cup of yummy pepperminty goodness. ^.^
I know you’re all envious of my Tinkerbell mug. Love faeries, what can I say. ^.^
Hugs and smoochies from the Madhouse <3