A little place to share the mayhem which is my life. Welcome to the madhouse, please enjoy your stay :D

Monday, March 3, 2014

Distractions....

....have been a must over the last few weeks. 

I have started watching The Vampire Diaries again. What can I say, I have a thing for tortured men and Stephan and Damon certainly qualify ^.~ 

Something Elena said really struck a chord with me. I have been trying to put things in perspective lately, and while I had been really down about things not developing further with Baker, life goes on and I am actually good. It was great while it lasted but like she says in the quote, the sun came up and reality set in. I can't forget that it wasn't all negative. I have struggled with finding positives in situations in the past and dwelling on the negative. Trying it differently this time. 

I liked the quote so much I decided to make a little meme for it using one of my photographs. It seemed very Mystic Fall-esque. 




The important thing to remember after something ending, especially if it ends badly, that even if you get hurt life goes on and you can't hide yourself away. You must get back up on your feet and try again. 

Been getting out and exploring. This past weekend I spent time shopping downtown at a bead store I discovered by accident this past fall. They were having a Getting Ready for Spring Sale so naturally I had to pop in and see what I could find. Ended up walking out of there spending under $19 for all of this.



I had almost not gone to the store but I am definitely glad I did. Lucked out, maybe because I was wearing my "Lucky" necklace? Seriously, I have a necklace that says "Lucky". Might wear it more often since I have been finding ridiculous deals lately.  

The plastic containers were only $1 each and everything else was 50% off. Going to be creating some lovely wearable items. I have been interested in Crystals and Gemstones for a long while now. A friend actually lent me her Tiger's Eye bracelet after my falling out with Baker, in January. Tiger's Eye is supposed to help with repelling negativity and boosting self confidence. I have to say that is certainly helped me out. So much so that I am making my own bracelet out of Tiger's Eye to wear. 

When I was picking out the above stones I just let my intuition guide me. It was a good day for me and I found some amazing finds. As I create my pieces I will share them with you and explain the properties of each. I have been learning a lot about minerals, and gemstones. Such beauty to be found in the world. 

I also found a new little friend this weekend. 



I am seriously addicted to Claw Machines. I can't seem to pass one without popping in a Toonie and seeing what I can get. I love to challenge myself and attempt to get multiple little prizes with the claw if I don't get a big prize.  I have to say I am pretty successful at it when you see my collection of little stuffies. I have several larger stuffies as well. Some I actually won for myself. I saw this little guy there and knew he had to come home with me. I believed he would be mine and he was :) Now if I can do that with a man I will be set :P

I used to be scared of the Pac-Man ghosts but this little guy is too cute to be scared of. He now has a permanent home next to my pillow. He can protect me at night *lol*

Spent the rest of the weekend hanging out with the teen watching movies and relaxing. Even managed to get him out of the Madhouse for a few hours to go to the mall. All in all it was a fantastic weekend. I am truly blessed. 

Hope the weekend was good to you all. <3 

Hugs and Smoochies from the Madhouse. 

<3 Arawynn <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment