A little place to share the mayhem which is my life. Welcome to the madhouse, please enjoy your stay :D

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Inspirational Stones....

 May the Luck o' the Irish be with you today and always. 

I have seen stones in stores for decoration purposes with a variety of words on them. I decided I wanted to have some of these stones at home, in a place where I could see them, or pick them up and meditate on the word written. 

They looked simple enough to make and indeed they are. 

All you need is some River Rocks (preferably ones that have smooth surfaces) and a metallic permanent marker in Silver. I washed the stones prior to marking on them so I had a clean surface in which to write upon. 


I set all my materials out in front of me. I picked up a stone and wrote whatever word came to my mind as I picked it up. While writing the word I visualized the meaning of the word or something the represented the meaning to me. I then set them aside to dry, so I didn't smudge the writing. 


I didn't seal the writing with varnish or anything. I prefer to have the stones natural. Feel free to use a sealer if you wish. 

Now I have inspirational stones in which to visualize with and decorate with as well. I am all about the multiple use thing lately. I just need to find the right container in which to place the stones so they are easily accessible. 

You can give this a try and randomly pick up a stone. Close your eyes, if you wish. Think upon the word written upon the stone you chose and visualize it. You may be surprised at the reaction you have. 

You could always use smaller stones and carry them around in your purse or pocket and whenever you feel the stone, hold it in your hands and visualize what it represents. For example: if you are in need of confidence, carry the confidence stone around with you and whenever you find you need a little boost. Just hold the stone and visualize situations involving confidence. Visualize yourself as more confident and you may be surprised at the outcome. 

I had a crafty weekend. I made up this set of Inspiration stones and I whipped up a St. Paddy's Day hat for a co-worker. She loved it and wore it well. We Irish Lassies had to stick together on this fine day :) 

Here is the hat I made for her this past weekend. I have to say I am really loving the look of felt and want to make more in different colours. I would wear a mini-top hat every day. 



In honour or St. Patrick's Day I am leaving you all with the following. 



Hugs and Smoochies from the Madhouse


<3 Arawynn <3

No comments:

Post a Comment