A little place to share the mayhem which is my life. Welcome to the madhouse, please enjoy your stay :D

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Mushroom Rice with Pork

Greetings. I have another rice dish for you all. Been trying to use up stuff in the house before it goes bad. I dislike throwing out food. So I have been experimenting with different things to come up with dinner options. 

The teen has been very receptive to these experiments, devouring his plate and asking for seconds. He is definitely a "speak your mind" person so if he doesn't like something he will let you know. 

It makes me happy to know these experiments are successful. Never been one to be brave in the kitchen, choosing to follow recipes to the letter. 




What You Need:

  • 2 pork chops (reasonable size) - cut up into even pieces
  • 1 can of mixed veggies (drained)
  • 1 can of condensed Mushroom Soup
  •  cooked white rice
  • salt and pepper, to taste

  1. Cut up pork chops into even pieces. I used pork chops that I had from the freezer and I cut them while they were still partially frozen, to make it easier to cut. 
  2. In a deep frying pan, cook the pork till it is no longer pink, then add the mushroom soup and a can of water. 
  3. Add the drained veggies and cooked rice and cook for about 10 min, stirring occasionally, till the liquid has decreased and the rice and veggies are warmed up. 
  4. Serve immediately. 

It was very tasty and pretty quick to make. I am all about quick when it comes to making food. Who has time to stand for hours in the kitchen. There is so many other wonderful things you can be doing with your time. ^.~

Hugs and Smoochies from the Madhouse

<3 Arawynn <3  

No comments:

Post a Comment