A little place to share the mayhem which is my life. Welcome to the madhouse, please enjoy your stay :D

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Teens Say the Darnedest Things

Well hello there, it has been a while. I know, time just seems to get away from me in this Madhouse I live in. I seem to blink and days go by. I am keeping busy and sometimes wonder if I would completely lose myself in the chaos. 

So over the last few months I have been transferred to another department at work, they decided to move my department out of town where no bus dare to tread. Since I am license-less and car-less I had to decline. Thankfully they found a position for me as well as my co-workers in another department and we are all adjusting well. I really must get on this license thing or else "the teen" will have his license before me. 

Speaking of "the teen" we have started the journey of e-classes since he refuses to go to school. His school has been awesome in making arrangements for him to do schooling at home, which I am very grateful for. His intellectually gifted classification didn't sit well with the standardized classroom learning so they are trying a new system so these children can get their education at their own pace. There have been quite a few snags along the way but I am confident that this will work. 

Sometimes I do wonder about some of the things he comes up with. He tends to say what is on his mind, I wonder wherever he could have gotten that from * whistles* I took him on an adventure to the other end of our wonderful city and to introduce him to this place I love to visit when in that end of the city. This chicken place has the BEST chicken I have ever had. My mouth actually waters just thinking about it. Yes, that includes right now, but I digress. 

As we were walking through the mall and taking in all the window displays he looks at me and says "Why do they have to have so many clothing stores, if I designed a mall it would have a baby/child  clothing store, a teen clothing store and one for adults and that is it. It is a waste of space and time having all these different stores that sell the same crap." 

I told him that they have so many stores to give people choice to which he disagreed with me and said he still thinks it is dumb. While I do not agree with the only having one option he does have a point with there being so many stores pretty much selling the same thing. I think that is why I prefer thrift stores and making my own things, when I can. 

So much time is spent trying to convince us to buy things from their stores. Big box stores seem to be popping up everywhere. It all seems so excessive. Do we really need to have all these stores? Is too many choices sucking the time out of our lives? I find it interesting to ponder, especially with them renovating a mall in our neck of the woods to make it larger and put in more stores. Do we really need more of the same? 

I am always looking for stuff that is unique and strange. I seem to love the unlovable. Things most people would cast aside or not appreciate. I work hard for my time and money and I think I am going to make a more conscience effort to use it more wisely. 

One of the things I love about being a Mom is seeing the world through my son's eyes. It is so easy to get caught up in the daily grind but they give you a fresh take on things that you may have started to take for granted. 

I am currently going through all my house and organizing it from top to bottom. Not an easy task but I am taking it day by day. I think I will definitely be donating a lot of things so they will go to a new home where they will be appreciated or find new life. Not to mention that a lot of the thrift stores go toward good causes. It has been long overdue for the Madhouse. 

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. I know I am. Take care and see you soon. Sooner than last time, I promise. I really think the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland would be very helpful in my life. 

Hugs and Smoochies, 

<3 Arawynn <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment