A little place to share the mayhem which is my life. Welcome to the madhouse, please enjoy your stay :D

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Madhouse Spanish Rice...

I have been getting creative in the Madhouse kitchen. I know, I am shocked too. I have been meaning to make Spanish Rice for a long while now. I decided to create my own version as an experiment. The Teen gave it his thumbs up in approval so I thought I would share. 


You Need: 


  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 4 cups of uncooked rice (I made way more than I needed for this so you could probably get away with 2-3 cups.)
  • a bag of frozen veggies (partially thawed) 
  • 1 package of Fajita spice (or any spices you wish to include) 
  • 1 can of Crushed Tomatoes
  • 2 cups of water
  • dash of Hot Sauce


Cook rice according to directions. While that is cooking, brown ground beef and drain. Then add one can of crushed tomatoes, fajita spice package, veggies and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer till veggies are cooked. Add cooked rice to meat mixture and combine till rice is evenly distributed and no longer white. 

Serve immediately, add hot sauce if you wish. (The Teen is not a fan of hot spices so I have to add mine later.)

This made a huge pot of rice and we were able to get supper for two nights (with seconds) and lunches for 2 days as well. Definitely going to be making this again. I have to say I am starting to like this cooking thing. It was fantastic that on Monday night, when my therapy ran 2 hours instead of 1, and I was able to just come home and we had dinner in 5 min. Normally I would be looking for something to order. 

Going to keep experimenting in the kitchen and will share some of my experiments, whether good or bad. I am making it my personal mission to organize my kitchen and cook more instead of relying on pre-packaged meals or take out because they are quick and easy. 

I am getting the hang of this adult thing ^.~

Hugs and Smoochies from the Madhouse

<3 Arawynn <3

No comments:

Post a Comment