A little place to share the mayhem which is my life. Welcome to the madhouse, please enjoy your stay :D

Monday, August 19, 2013

I am Woman, Hear me RAWR!

Hi all. I know I have been a bad girl and not been updating as much as I should. Things in the Madhouse have been absolutely crazy. More so then usual. 

Over the last while I have been to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show in a theatre, complete with shadow cast. It was an amazing experience and I am so glad the wonderful Amy Jane invited us all to experience it with her in her final days in this fair city. I have to say the shadow cast was pretty awesome too, but finally getting to see Tim Curry in all his glory on the big screen was awesome. I would have his children if I could, but I digress. 

I have been doing some organizing in the Madhouse. It is in desperate need of it. The inmates are growing restless with all the chaos. I have been purging, as well, which my inner hoarder is irritated with but I am trying this new thing out and trying to find my Zen. So far it has been working. A slow process, but I will get there. 

I have started daily affirmations to change the negativity my mind tends to gravitate towards. Mostly at night, prior to heading off to dreamland. I have to say they have been helping. I wake up in the morning feeling much better and greatly refreshed. 

I have been learning to count my blessings each and every day. Focusing less on what I don't have and more on what I do have. Learning to let go of things I no longer need and no longer serves a purpose in my life. Something I have always struggled with but I do have to say my mood has greatly improved over the last few months and that makes me feel content. 

I have been trying new things. Again something completely out of character for me. I am a creature of habit, for the most part, and I have been making a conscience effort to take myself out of my safe bubble and explore this amazing world we live in. 

I have tried Pad Thai and discovered I love it. I have learned to use a drill and  I have begun to learn Tai Chi. I learned a few weeks ago that I have arthritis in my knees but I am not letting that discourage me in the least. I have so much to live for. 

Last but certainly not least, "the teen" is doing well. He and I have been spending a lot of quality time together. He still seems to insist on his vampire tendencies of not going out in daylight so I have begun to find ways to get vitamin D into him. What is it with teenagers and sleeping all day and being up all night? Mind you I was the exact same way in high school. Must run in the family. 

In the words of John Lennon ~ Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. ~

I am living in the moment, as much as I can. The past it gone and the future has yet to arrive. The present is here and it is indeed a gift. I am blessed. 

Hugs and Smoochies from the Madhouse


<3 Arawynn <3

No comments:

Post a Comment